Al Cplol Congress 2015 di Firenze, nella session poster del 9 maggio, ho presentato un lavoro di ricerca che aveva lo scopo di saggiare la capacità previsionale del protocollo qualitativo il “Profilo dell’afasico” e il “test dei bastoncini”, messi a punto dal Prof. Lamberto Longhi e coll. dopo una serie di lavori di ricerca ad indirizzo antropologico-fenomenologico svolti in ambito neuropsicologico.
S.G.Battista S.M.O.M Hospital, Roma, Italy
Objective: The phenomenological is the theory of knowledge through perception. The phenomenological method has the assignment of showing the correlations and the co-production between the subjective and objective dimension of an individual. Neurophenomenology aims to study the human experience systematically .
The neurophenomenologist Professor Longhi (1909-1997) has suggested a systematic classification of experience aphasic. Studies of aphasia Longhi try to prove that a alteration the finalized gesture, oriented in time and space, is at the base of aphasic disorder and that in aphasic patients the use of verbal gesture is more compromised in those patients who have difficulties in structuring praxic gesture and iconic gesture .
Methods: The study of Longhi and al. , performed with the neurophenomenological approach, have been conducted on 40 aphasic patients at the neurorehabilitation center of S.G. Battista S.M.O.M hospital in Rome. The aim of this study was to analyze, by using the functional evaluation protocol “Aphasic profile”, the aphasic disorder according to three new parameters: the corporeality, the usability and the livable space for to identify:
- the substructure most compromised
- the substructure less compromised
- the substructure which should be taken into greater consideration
- the substructure which may represent a possible way of facilitating functional recovery
Results: The results of this study, obtained from probabilistic analysis, showed two different behaviors of the aphasic patients: a first group of 27 patients, who did not have prominent difficulties in the tests of praxic gesture and of iconic gesture, expressed, even if at a reduced level, a causal management of the verbal gesture during a theme realization. In these patients the lesion was not so severe to completely damage the remaining brain tissue, thus the semantic level of the verbal gesture was still possible. On the other hand, a second group of 13 patients, showing marked difficulties in the tests of praxic gesture and of iconic gesture, expressed an random management of the verbal gesture, which never reached the level of a theme communication, but instead stopped at a pre-semantic level.
Conclusions: The protocol “Aphasic profile” has proven to be a useful tool for .:
1 – to predict the possibility to recovery;
2 – to define the therapeutic target
3 – to choose the most appropriate rehabilitation strategy to achieve the objective
- Gomato L., Afasia come alterazione del gesto verbale: valutazione e riabilitazione. Approccio antropologico-fenomenologico. Rivista di Neuroscienze, Psicologia e Scienze Cognitive, (speciale afasia) novembre 2013
- Cappuccio M., Neurofenomenologia,– Bruno Mondadori 2009
- Longhi L., Afasia. In: Trattato di Neurologia Riabilitativa Marrapese 1985
- Longhi L., Gomato et al., La parola come gesto; la sua spazialità. In: Neuroriabilitazione dell’Emiplegico. Ermes Medica 1981